“HR Compliance.” Short sentence. Big responsibility.
Significant consequences for non-compliance.
HR Compliance encompasses a business’s compliance with the many laws governing the employment relationship, including, but not limited to:
- Federal civil rights laws,
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA),
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA),
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA),
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA),
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN),
- State and local laws, and even
- Specialty laws covering specific industries, such as the
- Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act (MSPA) and the
- Pennsylvania Seasonal Labor Act (PSLA).
Your first step to HR Compliance is to have people, either on staff or outsourced, who follow employment laws, and know and understand the laws so that your business can act, or re-act, quickly and knowledgeably when a change or a challenge occur.
Eichman Law, PLLC can help you with your HR Compliance. We can help you get into compliance, by working with you to develop and implement processes and procedures customized to your business. Then we help you stay in compliance, with periodic HR compliance audits and on-going, customized support packages.
Give us a call to set up an appointment at your place of business, or ours. We are here to help you! (484) 734-0378